The task force Communications Specialist is responsible for managing the communications system for the task force during incident operations. The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Logistics Manager.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for:
- Participating in the development of the Communications Plan
- Assessing overall needs and developing the Task Force Incident Communications Plan.
- Obtaining frequencies, installation, operation, and maintenance of the task force communications system during incident operations
- Coordinating communications with other appropriate entities
- Adhering to all safety procedures
- Accountability, maintenance, and minor repairs for all issued equipment
- Maintaining appropriate records and reports
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.
- Maintaining the communications cache in an operational state at all times
- Developing requests for ordering replacements for consumable items and items lost damaged or destroyed
Paul Holaday – firstname.lastname@example.org