Hazardous Materials Specialist
The Hazardous Materials Specialist is responsible for performing the various hazardous materials assessments for the task force during incident operations. The Hazardous Materials Specialist reports directly to the Planning Manager.
The Hazardous Materials Specialist is responsible for:
- Providing ongoing monitoring of local environmental conditions during task force operations
- Providing an initial and ongoing survey for and identification of the presence of hazardous materials at search and rescue sites
- Implementing defensive mitigation practices when indicated.
- Directing emergency decontamination procedures for any task force member or victim
- Providing assistance to medical personnel for information regarding chemical exposure and injuries
- Documenting all related information
- Adhering to all safety procedures
- Accountability, maintenance, and minor repairs for all issued equipment
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.
- Ensuring MSDS are provided for all hazardous materials carried or used by the task force.
- Ensuring all specialized equipment is maintained and calibrated according to the manufacturers specifications.
Hazardous Materials Manager
Nick Freeman – email@example.com